Cardiovascular Emergencies Class With Continuing Education Credits
Cardiovascular emergencies class is an interactive 3-hour class where you will learn in a simple practical way the main cardiovascular emergencies. We will talk about the early diagnosis of these clinical situations, quick identification of critically ill patients, and a good understanding of the medications used in such situations. It will be a course entirely dedicated to your professional daily practice. This class can be attended by any healthcare professional interested in the subject, especially nurses and nursing students, physician assistants and physicians, paramedics, as well as students of such courses.
We offer CE Credits: 3.0 with this Cardiovascular Emergencies Class. (CE Broker)
- Acute chest pain: differential diagnosis based on the clinic. How does the pain present itself in each case?.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome: how to identify an ACS (STEMI, NSTEMI, UA). Diagnosis and initial treatment. What are Killip classification and Timi Risk scores?.
- Cardiac arrhythmias: A practical approach according to ACLS 2020.
- Atrial Fibrillation: Should I just control the HR or should I perform cardioversion?.
- Systemic arterial hypertension: how to manage a patient with HBP? How to identify urgent / emergency cases? What is a pseudo hypertensive crisis?.
- Decompensated Heart Failure: how to identify and what to do?.
- Cerebrovascular Accident: early identification. Initial approach.
- Fibrinolytics: when to use them and what precautions to take?.
- Transient Ischemic Attack – how to diagnose and what to do?.
- Pulmonary Embolism: how to identify early? Which patients are most at risk for PE?.
- Circulatory Shock: types and initial management. How to identify a patient in shock early, before hypotension and tachycardia?.
- Cardiovascular drugs in CV emergencies: When to use them? What is the purpose of the medications? How do medications act on the body? What are the possible side effects?.
- Lots of clinical case discussions.
Our Presenting Instructor:
This course will be presented by our expert Cardiologist and Intensivist Tobias Araujo, MD. Native from Brazil with more than 10 years of experience in the practice of medicine in ICU, ER, and ward. He is also an experienced Licensed AHA instructor in the disciplines of BLS, ACLS, and PALS in the US and with years of teaching experience in Brazil and in the US at colleges and hospitals.
This course started in New Jersey with great receptivity, attendance, and positive feedback from healthcare professionals and students.
Online Booking – Sign Up For Your Class
Sign up on this page for quicker scheduling but if you would like to arrange a time for a particular class or a 1-on-1 class, please contact us directly at 407.308.0139.